Monday, October 11, 2010

Banana Birthday Cake


Hey all!

Sorry for the delay after the first post... I have been working non-stop! The bad news is I haven't had a chance to cook much lately since my job requires me to work evenings. The good news is I have a few recipes I've attempted in the last few weeks that I can fall back on until trying something new!

The first one I'll introduce you to is actually an original (and secret) recipe developed by my mother-in-law for banana cake! It's Mr. G's absolute favorite, and his mom used to make it for him every year for his birthday, so when his birthday came around last month I decided to take a page from her book and try my hand at it. I called up the original Mrs. G to get the recipe, spent too much on ingredients, and put my (complete lack of ) baking skills to use.

Have I mentioned I've never made a cake from scratch before? Even the icing was handmade. It was quite the undertaking for someone who didn't even know what shortening was (Mrs. G #1 enlightened me). Believe it or not, the cake turned out delicious! I was quite impressed with myself... and so was Mr. G! Score one for the wife. ;)

Unfortunately, I can't unveil the family recipe I used because I would like to stay on good terms with the in-laws. BUT here is another one I found if you would like to try it at home. :)

- Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment