Here's what has been going on in the life of Mr. and Mrs. G:
I got a job interview! Well, sort-of... I found a recruiter for Scholastic on LinkedIn and decided to take a risk and message her. Turns out, it worked. I sent her my resume, and she agreed to meet with me! This would be an ideal job for me, and it's in the city! It's exactly what I've been looking for. The only problem is that the interview was supposed to be today. We never set a time, which I hope is just because she has been very busy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear from her soon about rescheduling. I would contact her myself, but I've done enough of that already; in fact, I've started to feel stalker-ish. What do you bet she makes her LinkedIn profile private after all this? I'll keep you posted on how everything turns out...
In other news, I have still been working non-stop, and I still don't like my job. I almost caught a thief the other day, though, which is pretty cool. All the dramatic stuff tends to happen while I'm running the store... I'm beginning to think I'm a bad luck magnet. Good news is I have the next four days off due to some unknown miracle, and Mr. G and I are going to have a long overdue date night tonight. :) It's amazing to me that after being with him for almost two years, I still get excited to see him, and I still get butterflies about going out with him. I get lonely sometimes because I miss my friends and family back in Nashville, but Mr. G makes it all worthwhile. I love him so much!
In honor of my wonderful husband (and for myself), I decided to attempt to make spinach dip this week. It turned out, of course, that I ate most of it, but I think it was fairly successful. It ended up being a little sweeter than I would have liked (and much sweeter than Mr. G would have liked), plus the consistency wasn't as thick as I felt it should have been, but overall it was good for a first attempt!
I got the recipe from a Betty Crocker Cookbook app on my iPhone. It's called "Creamy Spinach Dip," and here's how it goes:
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant frozen chopped spinach
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or fat-free Miracle Whip!)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (not sure if I used the right ones or not, but oh well)
- 1 can (8 oz) water chestnuts, drained, finely chopped (didn't do these... not a fan of water chestnuts. Also, I couldn't find them in the store)
- 1 jar (2 oz) diced pimientos, drained (didn't do these either. Couldn't find them as well...)
- Cook spinach as directed on package. Cool slightly; squeeze to drain well.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, celery salt, dill weed and onion salt. Stir in cooked spinach, onions, water chestnuts, and pimientos. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Makes 28 servings.
I didn't take any photos of this one, but it pretty much looks the same as all other spinach dip. I'm sure you can come up with your own image.
This weekend we're deciding the menu for Thanksgiving, and mom is sending us an electric carving knife for the turkey! Haha. My parents are coming up to visit for Thanksgiving, and somehow we're going to cook everything in our cramped little kitchen. We're also going to go to the Macy's Parade, so it should be lots of fun! I can't wait. :)
- Mrs. G